Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jomygoodness to the rescue - incorporating damask to your tables

As I try to get comfortable double-blogging on here and my own blog, I figured I would address some of the forum questions I see here every so often. I recently saw this forum post from an Orange County bride desperate to find a way to incorporate damask into her almost-definite tablescape (ok, "desperate" may be overly dramatic on my part, but you get the idea). So here is a summary of her dilemma:
Bride is 60% complete with her tablescape vision. Colors are fuschia & silver. Silver pin-tuck tablecloths with hot pink napkins, white chairs, and natural-color redwood manzanita tree branches for the centerpiece. Recently fell in love (x3) with damask & wants to include it on her table, replacing the silver tablecloth.

{Jennifer Skog}

Well, it's doable, ladies. Granted , I have no idea what the budget is or if a florist and/or stylist has been contracted. My suggestions would be:

  • If you're stuck on having damask print tablecloths and you're able to find the perfect print (like a neutral or black & white damask color scheme), you can alternate the tables where some will remain silver while the rest are damask. Damask on all the tables may be a bit much. Or you can have a tablerunner with a damask print & a solid tablecloth.
  • You can always subtly incorporate damask on your papergoods, like table numbers, escort cards, placecards, and menus. If you decide to have your favors be at each placesetting, rather than a separate table, you can incorporate damask with the favors.
  • You might, if it's not too overwhelming or too all over the place, want to include damask in your vases or whatever you have to hold your manzanita branches.
  • Something that doesn't have anything to do with your tables would be a damask patterned ring pillow, or damask ribbon to wrap your bouquet.
{styling by JL Designs; linen from Wildflower Linens; rentals from Classic Party Rentals; photo by Barnet Photography; for Ceremony Magazine}

P.S. I love hot pink & damask. Do you have questions? Send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment